The loss of a loved one can be one of the most difficult situations you’ll ever face. Similarly, the loss of a business partner can serve as a devastating blow to the business. When this happens, often there is a need for probate. Probate is the legal process of transferring assets from a deceased individual to the proper beneficiaries, heirs, and other interested parties.
- The need to continue the operations of a business,
- The need to transfer land and houses to a spouse, heirs, or beneficiaries,
- The need to withdraw and transfer money from a deceased loved-one’s bank account to a spouse or heirs,
- The need to access and retrieve documents and property from safe deposit boxes,
- The need to resolve disputes over heirship issues,
- The need to resolve disputes over the intentions expressed in a deceased person’s will,
- Among other issues involving someone who has died.
What We Do As Probate Attorneys
Probate law is a unique and complex field. Walker & Chambers has been handling probate cases since 1998. Since 1998, we have handled some of the most difficult probate matters involving business owners and individuals who died (a) with and without wills, (b) with blended families, (c) while owning, operating, and being involved in complex business relationships, (d) while holding or having an interest in complex real estate relationships, etc. At Walker & Chambers, we understand that the best service a probate lawyer can provide is to help the people involved to get through the probate process as quickly and cost-effectively as possible. This requires experience, planning, and effective execution.
Starting with the initial consultation, we identify the specific needs and objectives of our client. Then, we make recommendations that are tailor-made to address the particular needs and objectives of the client. If the client decides to retain us to implement our recommendations, we draft and pursue a work-plan and schedule that are designed to get the client through the probate process as quickly and cost-effectively as possible. If you need help from a probate lawyer in Houston, Texas, contact Walker & Chambers – Houston Office for an initial consultation.